About Me

My photo
I've been making things since I was very young. My first-grade notebooks are full of doodles and drawings. My mom sewed, and on her classic black and gold, 1945-era Singer, I started sewing pieces of fabric together, then doll clothes, and by 7th grade I was making my own dresses for school. I began college in 1968 as an Art major, and continued to experiment with many different media. As a young married woman (age 20!) I began making all my gifts at Christmas time for family members: ornaments, stuffed animals, and many other things. I made curtains and re-upholstered furniture for all the houses we lived in. I took inspiration from every source: magazines and books, nature, museums, stores and TV shows. I've tried pottery, oil painting, water-color painting, fabric crafts of all kinds, knitting, crochet, paper collage, beading and jewelry making, shell crafts, furniture painting, paper-mache creations, doll-making, quilting.....you name it, I've probably given it a try. I still get excitement from seeing something that makes me think, "I CAN DO THAT!!", and I go home and get started.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A FEW MORE MITTENS AND.......

I've been able to finish a few more pairs of mittens.....the variety of wool that I found is so fun to work with.  The scarf was completed during our long road trip from Colorado to Florida!  And the newest project is thanks to my sister, who started making rolled beads from fabric.  We had seen these beads made of paper; many of these types of beads are made by women in other countries as ways to raise funds and support families.  We love the process, and it lets us use fabric in a new and creative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment